This Program provides homeowners financial assistance for the cost of upgrade to an energy-efficient ENERGY STAR certified air source heat pump. The payback period is spread over 10 years.
The low-interest loan can be paid back over a 10-year term. The heat pump must meet energy-efficiency requirements:
- variable speed mini-split: minimum Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 10 and Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 18
- variable speed multi-split: minimum HSPF of 9.5 and SEER of 16
- central system: minimum HSPF 8.5 and SEER of 15 (aligned with Tier 1)
- You must be a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- Your existing primary and backup heating system must be electric.
You can borrow up to $6,500 to upgrade heaters