This Program offers homeowners a rebate when installing a qualifying high-efficiency central air source heat pump (including ENERGY STAR® models).
- The home must have:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas account (except for strata unit owners installing EnerChoice® fireplaces) and/or
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity account of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- If the registered owner of the property where upgrades were made is not the utility account holder (e.g. landlord/tenant) the owner must have the account holder complete the Utility Account Holder Consent form.
- The home must be a year-round primary residence at least 12 months old and be either a single-family, duplex, triplex, row home, townhouse or mobile home on a permanent foundation. New construction, additions and garage upgrades are not eligible. Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the paid invoice date.
- Rebates cannot exceed the paid cost on the invoice.
- Only one rebate per home for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.1
How to Apply?
- Decide what eligible upgrades are best suited for your home and budget with help from your contractor.
- Apply online within six months of your invoice date with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal electricity account number from Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned copies of all paid invoices showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model and installation permit numbers (if applicable)Invoices for heat pump rebates must also include the following information; see a sample invoice for heat pumps:
- AHRI reference number or copy of AHRI certificate
- number of tons
- indication that a variable speed compressor has been installed (required for mini-split, multi-split and central, tier 2)
- If you’re not the utility account holder (e.g. property is a rental), have the account holder complete the consent form.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Note: the rebate application link below takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application. Hint: we recommend using Google Chrome® for the best experience.
Based on individual applications