The Apple Industry Development Program has the following objectives:
- To capitalize on apple development opportunities and to improve the profitability of New Brunswick apple producers.
- To advance the apple sector in New Brunswick through the establishment of more productive orchards (new trees and support systems)
- To increase the value of apples and apple products through the adoption of technologies that will improve apple storage systems, fruit quality assurance, and orchard establishment.
- Activities must be carried out within the province of New Brunswick.
- Must be the current owner of the land where the orchard (trees and support system) will be established and until the project claim is paid.
- A member in good standing of the Apple Growers of New Brunswick (AGNB) as prescribed under the New Brunswick Natural Products Act.
- A new entrant may apply if their ultimate goal is commercial-scale apple production and approval is received from the AGNB.
How to Apply?
Clients are responsible to submit a completed application form and attach any additional required documentation (as described in the program guidelines) and submit to any Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries (DAAF) regional office or directly to the CAP Administrator, Industry Financial Programs, Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1, or by e-mail to CAP.ADMIN@gnb.ca
Fifty (50%) of the eligible costs to a maximum of $10,000 per applicant.
Crop Sector Development (Unit)
1350 Regent Street
Farming / Agriculture