Grant Name: Canada – Alberta Job Grant
Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees and unemployed Albertan’s access training opportunities
- Private sector employers, including sole proprietors and partnerships
- Non-profit sector employees
- First Nations and Metis Settlements
- The Agriculture Financial Services Corporation – if in a community with a population of no more than 100’000
- Alberta Treasury Branches – if in a community with a population of 100’000 or less
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- People protected under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, who are entitled to work in Canada
- Business owners with 4 or less employees, including all owners, are now eligible trainees
- Employed family members
All trainees must live in Alberta
How to Apply?
Canada-Alberta Job Guide applications must be submitted through online portal. Application guide on website with portal.
Government contributes two-thirds of the cost (maximum of $10’000 per trainee per fiscal year.
If hiring and training an unemployed Albertan, up to 100% of training costs could be covered (maximum $15’000 per trainee)