The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they are sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, or have an underlying health condition that puts them at greater risk of getting COVID-19. The CRSB is administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
If you are eligible for the CRSB, you can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for a 1-week period.
If your situation continues, you will need to apply again. You may apply for up to a total of 6 weeks between September 27, 2020 and May 7, 2022.
- You are unable to work at least 50% of your scheduled work week because you’re self-isolating for one of the following reasons:
- You are sick with COVID-19 or may have COVID-19
- You are advised to self-isolate due to COVID-19
- You have an underlying health condition that puts you at greater risk of getting COVID-19.
- You did not apply for or receive any of the following for the same period:
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
- Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB)
- Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits
- short-term disability benefits
- You reside in Canada
- You were present in Canada
- You are at least 15 years old
- You have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- You earned at least $5,000 in 2019, 2020, 2021, or in the 12 months before the date you apply from any of the following sources:
- employment income (total or gross pay)
- net self-employment income (after deducting expenses)
- maternity and parental benefits from EI or similar QPIP benefits
- You are not receiving paid leave from your employer for the same period
- You were not self-isolating or in quarantine due to international travel
How to Apply?
Online through the CRA My Account Portal or by phone
$500 per week (up to a maximum of 6 weeks)