You must have a life-long disability. That restricts your ability to perform daily activities necessary to take part in:
- studies at a post-secondary school level; or
- in the labour force.
Your functional limitation can be caused by a:
- physical impairment; or
- mental impairment.
You will need to provide proof of your permanent disability with 1 of the following:
- a medical certificate; or
- a psycho-educational assessment; or
- documentation proving receipt of federal or provincial permanent disability assistance.
How to Apply?
- Apply for a Canada Student Loan or Grant either part-time or full-time.
- To apply for both grants, download the Schedule D Canada Student Loan Application for Grants for Students with Permanent Disabilities.
- Complete the application.
- Submit your application. In person: Education Building (entrance to parking on Hospital Road), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Student Financial Assistance (E-13)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
$2,000 per loan year
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5929, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5929.