The Canadian Experiences Fund (CEF) provides $58.5 million ($6 million in Atlantic Canada) over two years to support communities across Canada as they create, improve or enhance tourism products, facilities and experiences.
The CEF is open to a wide-variety of organizations, including not-for-profit organizations, for-profit businesses, industry associations as well as local or Indigenous governments. Provincial and federal government organisations are not eligible.
- Non-profit organizations may be eligible to receive CEF funding up to 100 per cent of eligible costs.
- For-profit businesses may be eligible to receive funding up to 75 per cent on a repayable basis, depending on the types of costs.
Eligible projects will support the growth and diversification of the tourism sector. These activities may include:
- Planning and development of tourism products and services: improving or designing new tourism services and products such as tours, special events and festivals
- Market readiness training: working with tourism associations to provide training to businesses to market their products, adopt foreign payment systems, manage cultural differences, etc.
- Creating or improving tourism facilities: physical assets used by tourists such as trails, campgrounds, and shelters.
How to Apply?
See website for details
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island