The Canadian Fish and Seafood Opportunities Fund aims to:
- advance a national approach to key cross-cutting market access issues
- promote branding and recognition opportunities for the Canadian fish and seafood sector
Canada has high quality, legally and sustainably sourced fish and seafood products. This is a reputation that provinces and territories can leverage to boost Canada’s fish and seafood sector opportunities.
To address the challenges facing the fish and seafood sector, and to capitalize on new market opportunities, the program supports:
- branding and promotional strategies that increase the recognition of Canada as a global leader in providing high quality, legally and sustainably sourced, value-added products
- maintaining and accessing new markets
- ensuring product integrity throughout the supply chain
- strengthening relationships and fostering increased collaboration and organization within the Canadian fish and seafood sector
You’re eligible to apply if you are a not-for-profit:
- organization operating on a national or sector-wide basis in the fish and seafood sector.
- industry organization operating on a regional basis in the fish and seafood sector; and
- you must represent a significant segment of production within that sector and demonstrate your ability to deliver a project from a national perspective
You must be active in, or support, marketing activities related to the fish and seafood harvesting, processing, or aquaculture sectors, and be a legal entity capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
How to Apply?
This program is a 2-step approach.
Step 1: Expression of interest process
The expression of interest process allows you to:
- discuss your project proposal
- ask questions about the program
- provide the program with a synopsis of your project
The expression of interest will be used to verify if the project proposal meets the:
- program eligibility requirements
- provincial or territorial priorities
You may submit an expression of interest at any time. Once we’ve received and processed your expression of interest, we may contact you for clarification or further information as necessary.
Step 2: Complete project proposal and application
Only those successful with the expression of interest process will be invited to submit a full proposal and application. The templates and forms to apply for full proposal will be provided to successful expression of interest applicants.
An invitation to submit a full proposal does not guarantee that funding will be approved under the complete project proposal submission process.
Where to send your documents
All documents for Step 1 (expression of interest) may be submitted via email at: DFO.opportunities-initiatives.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.
You may also submit your expression of interest in paper and electronic copy (on a memory stick). Submit, along with all supporting documents, by mail or courier to:
Canadian Fish and Seafood Opportunities Fund – Polaris – P430
PO Box 1006
1 Challenger Dr
Dartmouth NS B2Y 4A2
We’ll acknowledge the receipt of your application within 5 business days.
For support with the application, contact DFO.opportunities-initiatives.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.
You may also contact us by phone toll-free at 1-844-795-9718.
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island