This program provides individuals who qualify for regular Employment Insurance benefits an opportunity to continue to receive those benefits while attending full-time postsecondary studies within Canada for the duration of their claim.
If you are unemployed, attending full-time, post-secondary studies and meet all of the following criteria you are eligible to apply for the program. You must:
- be legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident);
- be a Prince Edward Island resident;
- be in receipt of or eligible for a regular EI claim;
- be out of secondary school (high school) for a minimum of 12 months;
- have developed a plan with a case manager to return to full-time studies to increase your skills;
- be accepted to a full-time training program within Canada;
- have the financial resources to pay for all training costs including tuition, books, etc.
How to Apply?
You must meet with a case manager and develop a Return-to-Work Action Plan. Your case manager will assist you through the application process. To be approved, we will need:
- Completed Career Connect application form:
- Return-To-Work Action Plan prepared by your case manager (Employment Assistance Services);
- Enrolment letter from the post-secondary institution
Prince Edward Island, Canada