Grant Name: Celebration and Commemoration Program – Reopening Fund
Applications must be received by January 31, 2022.
This 1-year funding initiative, available through the Celebration and Commemoration Program, will provide funding to eligible recipients to support initiatives that meet 1 or more of the following requirements:
- increase opportunities for Canadians to participate in various commemorative activities and celebrations to mark Canada’s emergence from the COVID-19 pandemic
- build a sense of pride and belonging to Canada by holding celebratory and commemorative activities that recognize people and achievements in the response to COVID-19
- support the revival of local economies through in person events
The following organizations are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, corporation, trust, cooperative, or unincorporated association
- Canadian for-profit organization where proposed projects are non-commercial in nature
- Canadian educational institution
- Canadian provincial/territorial, municipal government, Indigenous government (or equivalent authority) or another municipal, provincial or territorial institution
The following organizations are not eligible for funding:
- private individuals and political parties
- federal departments, their institutions and portfolio agencies
To be eligible for funding from the Celebration and Commemoration Reopening Fund, your project must:
- be free of charge (no admission fees or donation required for entry)
- be open to the general public and promoted as such
- support the revival of local economies after the hardship of the pandemic
- commemorate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada, either as a general theme or by specifically honouring first responders, front-line workers, communities, pay tribute to lives lost or
- provide an opportunity for Canadians impacted by COVID-19 to share their stories, experiences and contributions during the course of the pandemic in Canada
Examples of eligible projects:
- one-time celebratory or commemorative events that encourage participation and engagement
- commemorative gardens or monuments (not exceeding $100,000)
- educational and awareness material, exhibits or documentaries
The project must not be designed for fundraising for operational purposes or generate commercial advantage or profit.
How to Apply?
- Contact Commemorate Canada to request an application package, including the application guidelines and form
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application
- Complete, sign and date the Application Form (electronic signatures are accepted)
- Attach all the required supporting documents
- Submit your application by email
If your funding request is over $1,000,000, please contact the program directly before submitting your application.
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package by January 31, 2022, to be considered for funding.
Determined by individual application
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St
11th floor (25-11-T)
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
Arts, Culture, Sport