Grant Name: Collections Management – Museums Assistance Program
December 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST
The Collections Management component of the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) provides funding for projects to improve knowledge, skills and practices related to key museum functions.
Applicants must meet the criteria in one of three categories:
- Museums associations and incorporated non-profit Canadian service organizations whose membership relates to the museum sector which:
- provide services to the public year-round;
- employ the equivalent of one full-time paid professional staff;
- have a current three to five-year strategic/business plan.
- Incorporated non-profit Canadian museums* which:
- Provide services to the public year-round;
- Employ the equivalent of one full-time paid professional staff;
- Have policies for key museum functions; and
- Have a current three to five-year strategic/business plan.
- Indigenous governing bodies or organizations with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage.
How to Apply?
- review the Guidelines for 2022-2023 funding;
- contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to discuss their project
- complete an application through the Canadian Heritage Funding Portal .
Determined based on individual applications
Department of Canadian Heritage
Museums Assistance Program
25 Eddy Street, 9th Floor (25-9-N)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
Arts, Culture, Sport