This Program provides incentives for larger, more complex buildings that achieve a higher whole-building energy performance than minimum levels required by the BC Building Code. It offers a clear incentive structure, accurate energy-saving estimates and allows for innovative solutions to help achieve whole-building energy performance.
- The project must be located in a FortisBC natural gas and/or electricity service area, including municipal utilities of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.
- The program is for the construction of new Part 3 commercial buildings.
- The project must be in the pre-construction phase when applying to the program.
- If the project is a multi-unit residential or mixed-use residential/commercial building and natural gas will only be used for domestic hot water and ventilation in corridors, amenity rooms and/or retail/office spaces, but NOT in-suite ventilation, the following conditions must be met for using natural gas efficiently:
- The mechanical engineer must provide a description of the ventilation design in natural gas-served areas and explain how heating energy will be reduced, including rationale for CFM (cubic feet/minute) per door for corridor ventilation2 and control strategies such as lower temperature set points.
- Gas-fired equipment must use condensing technology.
- Domestic hot water:
- Water-efficient showerheads and faucet aerators must be incorporated to reduce hot water use relative to building code maximum flow rates.
- Boilers must also use condensing technology.
For other projects, contact your FortisBC account manager or technical advisor to determine eligibility.
How to Apply?
- Review the Commercial New Construction Performance Participant guide.
- Early in the design phase, contact your FortisBC key account manager, energy solutions manager or technical advisor to discuss your project. We’ll then schedule a project kick-off meeting between you, your design team and FortisBC to see if the project is a good candidate for program participation.
Based on each individual application
If you have questions, contact your key account manager, energy solutions manager or technical advisor, call 1-866-884-8833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.