Community paramedicine is a model of community-based health care where paramedics use their education and expertise in community based, non-emergency care roles, outside their emergency response and ambulance transport roles. Existing community paramedicine programs
- Reduce the number of costly 911 calls and avoidable emergency room hospital visits
- Provide additional supports and connections for high risk or vulnerable individuals
- The Ministry of Long-Term care is funding a community paramedicine program to provide services to individuals who are:
- Waiting for placement in a long-term care (LTC) home
- Soon to be eligible for long-term care
The community Paramedicine for Long-Term Care Program is part of the province’s plan to better serve our seniors who need additional support before admission into long-term care. This initiative falls under the improving staffing and care pillar of the province’s strategy to fix long-term care.
The Ministry of Long-Term Care is currently working with paramedic services across the province to implement Community-Paramedicine for Long-Term Care.
Currently, the ministry is working directly with eligible recipients and inviting those to submit businesses cases for the ministry’s review.
How to Apply?
Program guideline material will be shared directly with eligible participants
Click the button below