Grant Name: Community Sport for All Initiative – Sport Support Program
April 4, 2022
The Community Sport for All Initiative (CSAI) component of the Sport Support Program seeks to remove barriers and increase sport participation rates for underrepresented groups. Its key objective is to support community sport initiatives for equity-deserving groups, in particular, Black, Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQQIA+, low income and newcomers to increase participation and retention in sport.
The CSAI funding is directed at applicant organizations to administer and disburse project funding to community organizations to deliver community sport initiatives that contribute to and align with the objectives of the Sport Support Program.
To be eligible for funding, you must be:
- a national-level organization or other organization with the scope and capacity to reach the target equity-deserving group(s) in multiple jurisdictions, that has the ability to deliver quality programs, projects and/or services relevant to the goals of the Canadian Sport Policy
- a federally or provincially incorporated not-for-profit organization
How to Apply?
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety
- send an email to the Sport Support Program — Community Sport for All Initiative component to request an application form
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding.
A complete application package includes the following documents:
- the application form
- signed letters of support from equity-deserving partners and/or community organizations
- a copy of your organization’s most recent board-approved financial statements, audited (if available)
You are required to submit your application package by email in the fillable PDF format (no scans). Should you be unable to do so, please contact the Sport Support Program – Community Sport for All Initiative component by email.
Based on individual applications
Sport Support Program
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5