This Program provides customer assistance to save energy and improve operations in large commercial buildings. The primary focus is on reducing the energy consumption of heating ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems by making improvements to the Building Automation System. Additional systems of interest include lighting, refrigeration, and other energy intensive systems with complex operating strategies and control systems.
- Refresh Your Building
The Refresh offer is for customers who are primarily interested in conducting a review of Round 1* measures, and who are not interested in a comprehensive review for additional conservation opportunities. This may be the case for customers who are confident that all measures were discovered in Round 1. The Refresh option is the most cost-effective way to make sure you maintain the benefits and energy savings from your Round 1 project.
- Recommission Your Building
Recommission your building to re-assess building performance after Round 1 is complete (5 years after the conservation measures were implemented) or include new buildings as opportunities. The Continuous Optimization program will provide funding to have an approved recommissioning service provider conduct an in-depth assessment of the building. Buildings don’t need to participate in Round 1 to be eligible. The Recommission option is for customers who would like a more comprehensive review of their building operations.
- Real Time Energy Management
Real Time Energy Management (RTEM) is for customers who choose to be on the leading edge of innovation by incorporating the next generation of software being used to drive energy conservation in commercial building operations. The Continuous Optimization program will provide funding for an approved service provider to work with an approved software provider to install specialized energy management information software in your building and use it as part of the recommissioning process to assess your building.
*Round 1 refers to the first intake of applications, which took place from 2008 to 2016. Round 2 is a second intake of applications in 2017 available to Round 1 participants. Round 2 provides a follow-up review of the efficiency of buildings that had been recommissioned in Round 1. It’s best practice to revisit your business’ energy-efficiency systems every five years.
- You must be a large, commercial Key Account customer.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing large commercial or institutional building or a facility with a total indoor floor area of at least 40,000 square feet.
- You must have an existing Direct Digital Control (DDC) building automation system with remote access.
- You must not be planning any major renovations to the building or upgrades to its HVAC equipment within the next 12 months.
- You must not have participated in a previous recommissioning program in the last five years.
- You must be prepared to provide on-site support and have the financial resources to implement the recommended cost-effective measures.
- You must have at least one year of BC Hydro billing history.
- Secondary considerations will include a review of the building’s energy savings achieved during Round 1 of the program (if applicable)
Determined based on individual applications
BC Hydro – Business Customers – Commercial