Arts Nova Scotia and the Creative Nova Scotia Leadership Council recognize that artistic and cultural expression are fundamental to the collective well-being of Nova Scotians. Programs that encourage artistic and cultural development help to build creative communities that foster innovation, generate social change, and nurture cultural diversity. The Creative Community Impact Award recognizes an organization or program that has made a positive impact on a community through arts and culture. Funded from the Nova Scotia Arts Endowment Fund, the award carries a cash value of $10,000.
- must be a Nova Scotia-based non-profit arts and culture organization or an arts and culture program within a non-profit organization that has been operating for four years or more; a municipality; or a Nova Scotian Mi’kmaq Band Council.
- must have proven a history of community engagement with arts and culture
- may only receive this award once
- may nominate themselves
How to Apply?
The following must be included in all nominations:
- A completed application form
- A brief overview of the organization, community or program (1-page max.)
- A nominator’s statement, which answers the following questions:
- How does the organization/program engage community through arts and culture? (1-page max.)
- Describe and define the community (communities) that the organization/program serves? (1-page max.)
- How does the organization/program support positive social impact in their community? Please provide examples. (1-page max.)
- Two letters of support
- Supporting documentation
Up to a maximum of $10,000
Lauren Williams (she/her), Program Officer
(902) 471-5720 | Lauren.Williams@novascotia.ca