- Developed to support indigenous communities and organizations participate in regulatory process under the Mining Act, as well as economic development activities associated with mineral exploration and development
- This is one of five streams available
Assists communities that are in areas with high mineral development activities to respond to early exploration projects
Funding is project based and limited to the costs associated with coordinating the review of early exploration projects
Funding available to indigenous communities or organizations in Ontario that:
- Are experiencing high mineral exploration or development activity
- Have received 2 to 10 exploration permit applications in the previous fiscal year (April 1 to March 31)
Eligible applicants may be:
- Single applicants – indigenous communities in areas of high mineral exploration or development activity
- Joint applicants – two or more indigenous communities in areas of high mineral exploration or development activity, or indigenous organizations (Tribal Communities, economic development organizations) representing communities of high mineral exploration or development activity
Joint applicants must provide a Band Council Resolution that is in support of the application from each of the communities that are represented.
Applicants are encouraged where it is possible to work together so they can maximize the benefits of available funding.