The Energy Finance Plan is a convenient, on-bill financing for upgrades to gas and electrical systems and is available to Manitoba Hydro residential, small commercial, farm, and seasonal customers. All work must be performed by a qualified electrician or a licensed contractor who is a participant in the Plan.
Financing is available with the following conditions.
- Manitoba Hydro must approve your application before any work is started or any materials are purchased.
- You must be the owner of the property in which energy improvements are made.
- You must have an active Manitoba Hydro account and be approved for credit from Manitoba Hydro.
- If the upgrade is for a seasonal property that is on seasonal billing, you must be changed to monthly billing to be eligible for the Energy Finance Plan.
- Indigenous customers living in Band-owned homes are eligible for financing with a Band Council Resolution.
- Mobile homes on permanent foundations with a permanent water supply are also eligible.
- The home must be detached or semi-detached.
How to Apply?
STEP 1: Check to see if you are eligible
The Energy Finance Plan (EFP) is available to Manitoba Hydro residential, small commercial, farm, and seasonal customers with approved credit who meet our eligibility criteria.
If you are an eligible customer, ensure that your project is for a qualifying upgrade.
STEP 2: Contact a participating supplier
To participate in EFP, contact a participating program supplier (contractor or retailer).
The supplier works with you to ensure your project is eligible. They will help you complete an EFP application and submit it to us on your behalf. We will review your application and conduct a customer credit review. If approved, we will notify your supplier and your project may begin.
- • You must have approval before any work is started or any materials are purchased.
- • We do not provide a participating suppliers list or endorse any service professionals. We recommend following our tips for hiring a contractor to ensure you feel confident in finding a supplier that best fits your project’s needs.
STEP 3: Complete your project
Once your project is complete, your supplier arranges for all homeowners to sign and date the Completion Certificate.
This document indicates that you acknowledge the work at your property was completed in full and authorizes us to pay your supplier directly for invoice costs.
STEP 4: Pay the loan through your monthly energy bill
The monthly loan payment is conveniently placed on your energy bill.
You can make additional payments to your loan at any time. An administration fee of $20 is charged if your loan is paid in full during the first 6 months.
Based on Individual applications