The Energy Savings Kit Program is an income qualified program for residential account holders. The program is offered in partnership with FortisBC and Pacific Northern Gas. The kit contains energy saving products that can be easily installed. This includes LED bulbs, weatherstripping, high efficiency showerheads, tap aerators, LED night lights, fridge and freezer thermometers. Installation guides are also provided to help with product installs.
If you live in an income-qualified household, you could qualify for a free energy saving kit to help save you energy and make your home more comfortable all year-round.
How to Apply?
- Check our income qualification table to see if you’re eligible for a free energy saving kit. If your household meets the income eligibility, proceed to step two.
- Apply online for your free energy saving kit or call 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or 604 224 9376 if you live in the Lower Mainland between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- You’ll need to provide:
- Your first and last name
- Your BC Hydro or City of New Westminster account number (found on your BC Hydro bill)
- The number of people living in your household
- Your household’s total income
Based on individual applications
BC Hydro – Residential Customers