Grant Name: Factor – Comprehensive Music Company
Applications may be submitted at any time; however, please note that
- only costs incurred after the date of application will be recognized.
- recording must start within six months of application for the sound recording; and
- applications for all component funding must be submitted within the later of six months after commercial release, or 24 months after the date of the Sound Recording application.
Comprehensive Music Company is a full-length sound recording program accessible to eligible record labels. The program may be accessed by all record labels rated 4 or record labels rated 2 and 3 that have received a program-specific eligibility assessment by FACTOR resulting in a CMC rating.
- Record Label 4
- Record Label (CMC)
Record labels rated 4
Record labels rated 2 and 3 that have received a program-specific eligibility assessment by FACTOR resulting in a CMC rating
How to Apply?
- Before you can apply, you must have a reviewed and rated Applicant Profile, and access to the reviewed and rated Artist Profile. Please go to the How to Apply page on the FACTOR website for instructions on creating and sharing profiles, followed by how to submit an application.
- FACTOR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please contact your Project Coordinator or our general information account to discuss options for accommodations throughout the application process, as well as our Application Accessibility Support Fund.
- FACTOR assesses Eligible Music Companies requesting eligibility for the Comprehensive Music Company program once per year, at the Annual Review. See Business Policies: Eligible Music Companies.
CMC funding is divided into two phases. Eligible record labels may receive up to a maximum of $100,000 per FACTOR fiscal year (April 1 – March 31).
In Phase 1, the maximum available funding is $82,500 per project.
In Phase 2, you may receive an additional $40,000 per project, provided that the funded sound recording has met the qualifying threshold for the genre.
See the full program guidelines for further details on maximum amounts, including information on how some of the funding is flexible, and some must be used for specific activities.
247 Spadina Avenue, Third Floor
Toronto, ON M5T 3A8
416 696 2215