The Family Violence Initiative supports of the development, implementation, testing and assessment of models, strategies and tools to improve the justice system’s response to family violence. It also supports projects that raise public awareness of the issue and encourage public involvement in responding to family violence.
The Family Violence Initiative funds projects that develop long-term programming, build on lessons learned and support the Department’s family violence policy directions. To accomplish this, the Initiative:
- works with other levels of government, non-governmental organizations, front-line services, and members of the public in broad-based partnerships.
- supports partnerships to implement projects to reduce family violence; and
- analyzes the results of these projects and disseminates information about project results and lessons learned.
- National, provincial, municipal, regional, Aboriginal, community or professional not-for-profit organizations.
- Provincial, territorial, regional, and municipal governments.
- Canadian institutions/boards of education.
- Bands, tribal councils, self-governing First Nations, and Inuit.
Department of Justice Canada
284 Wellington Street, 6th Floor
Telephone: 613 941-4193
Fax: 613 941-2269