This program supports projects undertaken by individuals or organizations that promote or support local heritage through education, awareness & appreciation, research or documentation of local history, perseverance of local heritage assets, and the reclamation, retention, transmittal, development and revitalization of Algonquin Anishinaabe Host Nation, First Nations, Inuit and Métis heritage and culture
- Be 18 years or older
- Be resident of the city of Ottawa, Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation or Kitigan Zibi Anishinabe and living within 150km radius of Ottawa
- Or be Alongquin Anishinabe and living within 150km radius of Ottawa
- Be a professional heritage expert, community elder or culture keeper recognized by peers
- Demonstrate knowledge of local history or cultural traditions and practices
- Have their office/mailing address within the limits of Ottawa, Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation or Kitigan Zibi Anishnabeg First Nation
- Serve the community
- Be not-for-profit
- Be led by, or work in partnership with, a heritage professional, heritage workers, a community elder or culture keeper
- Have an active Board of Directors or Steering committee (minimum of 3 members)
- Have at least 50% of Board of Directors/Steering committee members residing in the Ottawa region
How to Apply?
Applicants must complete the Application Form and attach all required documentation. All applications must be submitted electronically at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) by 4:00 pm on the deadline date.
If you are a first-time applicant, please contact a Cultural Funding Officer to ensure that you are eligible for this program, and to discuss the application process.
Application form – Project funding [ PDF – 359 KB ]PDF opens in a new tab or window
For general information, technical issues, or to request an application form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org