This program offers rebates on qualifying home insulation upgrades to required levels.
If your home was built before 1999, it may not have enough insulation. Adding insulation to your attic, walls, and foundation will improve your home’s comfort and help you cut energy costs.
- You’re the homeowner.
- Your home was built before 1999.
- The home is your primary residence or the primary residence of your tenant.
- You or your tenant live in this home year-round.
- Your home has an active Manitoba Hydro account in your name.
- The home has energy use consistent with someone living in the home.
- You live in a detached, semi-detached, mobile, or modular home.
- Your home has a permanent foundation and a permanent water supply.
- You haven’t started the insulation work yet, purchased materials, or removed any drywall, stucco, or insulation
- Your home hasn’t previously received an insulation rebate for the area you’re applying for.
How to Apply?
- CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- Find out if your home and project are eligible to apply for a rebate.
- If you’ve decided to apply for the rebate, use our rebate checklist to keep track of your insulation project from start to finish.
- APPLY THROUGH A REGISTERED CONTRACTOR OR RETAILER
- Check out our online supplier directory to find a registered contractor or retailer in your area. Your contractor or retailer will help you fill out the application and submit it to us for approval. Be sure to receive approval before purchasing materials or starting any work including removing drywall, stucco, or insulation. A pre-verification at your home might also be required. If your contractor or retailer isn’t yet registered with Efficiency Manitoba they can sign up here.
- Refer to our measuring guide to learn how to correctly measure the square footage of your insulation area.
- GET APPROVED
- Your contractor or retailer will let you know when we’ve approved your application and will give you your approval number.
- PURCHASE AND INSTALL YOUR INSULATION
- You have 12 months from the date of approval to purchase and install your insulation. Your insulation materials must be purchased from the contractor or retailer listed on your approved application. Be sure you meet the insulation requirements.
- COMPLETE AND SUBMIT FINAL DOCUMENTS
- Once all insulation is fully installed and paid for, you and your contractor or retailer will enter the install date, purchase date, and material and labour costs on the calculation schedule. You and your contractor or retailer will sign and date the declaration section of your application form. Be sure to submit the following documents to Efficiency Manitoba within 30 days of project completion and within 12 months of the approval date:
- Rebate application
- Calculation Schedule
- Insulation invoices (including proof of payment)
- GET A REBATE
- Once all documents are received, we’ll review and finalize your rebate amount based on your application, invoicing, and any home verifications. Your rebate amount will be sent out by cheque. A post verification may be required to finalize your rebate amount.
Based on individual applications