This program offers financial incentives for ground source heat pumps, CO2 sensors and variable flow pump and fan systems.
Ground source heat pumps are efficient, economical, and environmentally friendly. They can reduce your current electric heating costs by up to 60%, and they protect you from the impacts of future heating costs.
We offer incentives to make your upgrade easier and more affordable. Check out our program guide for more information.
- Your heat pump is replacing an existing electric furnace/boiler, electric baseboards, or natural gas heating system. Homeowners who are converting from fuel oil or propane are also eligible for incentives.
Please note that heat pumps replacing existing heat pumps aren’t eligible.
- New construction farm buildings may be eligible for incentives. Contact us for more details.
- Your building is heated from September to May.
- Your supplier is registered with Efficiency Manitoba and accredited by the Manitoba Geothermal Energy Alliance.
How to Apply?
- CHOOSE AN ACCREDITED INSTALLER & APPLY
- Your installer must be an active member of the Manitoba Geothermal Energy Alliance (MGEA). We recommend browsing MGEA’s list of accredited installers, getting several quotes, and checking references before making your choice. Be sure to compare the proposed design of each installer; pay attention to the loop sizing for ground loop systems. Once you’ve chosen an installer, they’ll lead you through the application process and submit an application on your behalf.
- GET APPROVAL FOR OUR PROJECT
- We’ll issue a written approval and from there, you’ll have one year to purchase and install your heating system. Don’t purchase any materials or start your project until we approve your project.
- COMPLETE YOUR PROJECT
- Once your heat pump is installed and operating, your installer will submit all applicable permits, licences, and invoices on your behalf. You’ll sign the completion documents to confirm the heat pump is installed and operational. We’ll review these documents and send you your incentive.
Based on individual applications