This program offers free and subsidized energy efficiency upgrades for income qualifying households. Offers include Free Home Energy Check-up, Free Insulation, Natural Gas Furnace and Boiler Upgrade, Free Energy Saving Devices.
- Live in a single-detached or semi-detached home.
- Live in the home year-round.
- Have a total household income (before deductions) that meets or falls below the limits in the table below.
- Income limits based on the number of people living in the home*
|Number of People||Total Income|
|7 or more people||$88,061|
How to Apply?
- APPLY AND SEE IF YOU INCOME QUALIFY
- Fill out an eligibility application, submit it online or by mail, and provide your income verification documents for all household residents 18 years of age or older. Learn how to submit these documents.
- Landlords who are applying to the Income Qualified Program will also need their tenants to complete a Tenant Consent Form, which is to be included with their Proof of Income documents.
- GET YOUR FREE HOME ENERGY CHECK-UP
- Get a free home energy check-up by one of our expert energy advisors. Start saving immediately with free installation of energy saving devices and get your home heating system and insulation levels assessed for potential upgrades
- CHOOSE A REGISTERED CONTRACTOR
- If your home qualifies for a heating system upgrade or an insulation upgrade, we connect you to registered contractors or find one in your area. You choose a registered contractor from our list who will guide you through the next steps.
- GET YOUR ELIGIBLE UPGRADE DONE
- The contractor you selected will come to your home and coordinate the energy efficiency upgrade to maximize your energy savings. They will let you know once your project is approved and schedule the installation as soon as possible, so that you can start saving.
- SIGN OFF AND ENJOY THE SAVINGS
- All registered contractors are set up to invoice us directly, so you don’t have to worry about any upfront costs. Efficiency Manitoba takes care of the rest to help you save more.
Based on individual applications
Efficiency Manitoba | Energy Efficiency Assistance Program
PO BOX #247 STN MAIN
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2G9