We offer several types of funding to help you identify and implement cost-effective energy conservation measures that are tailored to your building or facility.2 Natural gas customers can receive funding for projects that save natural gas, and FortisBC and municipal electricity customers can receive funding for projects that save electricity.
Note: participants must apply through their key account manager or technical advisor and be approved before accessing funding through this program.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1 and/or a FortisBC electricity customer or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.1
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of a new or existing industrial or agricultural building or an existing commercial, institutional or multi-unit residential building or facility.
- You must select a consultant included in FortisBC’s list of approved consultants to perform a detailed energy study.
- For natural gas customers, your project must have the potential to save a minimum of 1,000 GJ of natural gas annually.
- For FortisBC or municipal electricity customers, your project must have the potential to save 50,000 kWh of electricity annually. Except for agricultural lighting, indoor lighting projects are not eligible for the Custom Efficiency Program. Visit our commercial lighting rebates page to learn more about available rebates.
How to Apply?
- Review the Participant guide for details about the program process.
- Contact your natural gas key account manager or electricity technical advisor to discuss your project and request an application.
- We’ll then schedule a project kick-off meeting between you, your engineering consultant and FortisBC.
- You must receive approval in writing from an authorized FortisBC representative before commissioning or beginning the energy study, or purchasing or installing any of the proposed energy conservation measures.
We can provide up to 75 per cent of the energy study cost to help you have a detailed engineering analysis performed to identify opportunities for cost-effective energy savings in your building or facility. The consultant who performs the energy study must be included in FortisBC’s list of approved consultants.
The maximum energy study incentive for commercial building or agricultural lighting project participants is $37,500. Terms and conditions apply.
If you have questions, contact your natural gas key account manager or electricity technical advisor, call 1-866-884-8833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.