This program provides cost-sharing assistance to small and Medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to assist them in developing and commercializing new innovative products and process.
- For profit, taxable Canadian Controlled Private Corporations with a permanent establishment in Manitoba that pays at least 50% of total salaries and wages to Manitoba resident employees
- Annual revenue of $15 million or less, or fewer than 100 full time equivalent employees, including it affiliates on a consolidated basis
- Demonstrate owner investment of $25,000 in cash equity invested in the business prior to application. Cash equity is defined as common or preferred share capital and/or retained earning
- Development of new innovative products and processes
- Commercializing market ready innovative products or processes
How to Apply?
There is a list of criteria on the website for each section below:
- Quality of the Project
- Market for the Innovation
- Management Capacity
- Commercialized Plan and Business Model
- Investment secured
- Benefits to Manitoba
Submissions to the program must include:
- A completed IGP Application Form in Word format.
- A completed and signed Application Form – PDF or scanned version
- Current balance sheet and income statement of the applicant (no older than 3 months)
- Year-end Financial Statement including balance sheet and income statement of the applicant (for the last fiscal year)
- If applicant corporation has affiliated companies, attach a copy of Schedule 9 of most recent T2 tax return
- Proof of confirmed funding from all other sources at the time of application, including government and non-government (non-government funding must represent at least 50 per cent of the proposed project costs).
This program will cover a maximum of 50% of eligible costs
Business / Community/Economic Development