The Innovative Communities Fund (ICF) supports projects that build the economies of communities in Atlantic Canada.
Through the ICF, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) works with communities to find opportunities for growth. We invest in initiatives that lead to long-term employment and a stronger local economy.
The fund enables communities to:
- develop thriving industry sectors
- strengthen infrastructure in rural areas
- invest in projects to help communities overcome economic issues and take advantage of new opportunities
ACOA also fosters economic development in communities facing specific circumstances. Through the ICF, the Agency supports community projects undertaken by Indigenous groups and non-profit organizations in official language minority communities (OLMCs).
Eligible recipients include:
- non-commercial and non-profit organizations
- Indigenous bands and Indigenous-controlled non-profit entities
- co-operatives and local development associations
- municipalities and their agencies
- educational institutions
- industry or sector associations
To find out if the Jobs and Growth Fund fits your needs, contact ACOA Business Information Services at 1-888-576-4444. The agents are well versed in existing funding options and can help you submit your project or find other available solutions.
Or reach out by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island