The Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) is a cost-shared infrastructure funding program between:
- the federal government
- provinces and territories
- First Nations and Indigenous Communities
- other eligible recipients depending on program stream
This program will see up to $30 billion in combined federal, provincial and other partner funding.
The public transit stream will allocate $8.3 billion in federal funding and $7.3 billion in provincial funding for the construction, expansion and improvement of public transit systems and networks across Ontario.
Eligible applicants must:
- be an Ontario municipality or Metrolinx
- receive Provincial Gas Tax funding
- have reported ridership data to the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) for 2015
- have received an allocation for ICIP under the Public Transit Stream