The Society offers indigenous Award programs for students pursuing post-secondary education in BC. They are available to students who identify as Indigenous – First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Métis, or Inuit.
- You are First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Inuit or Métis;
- You are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the award is applied for;
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- You are planning to study at a BC public post-secondary institution, or Indigenous post-secondary institution;
- Your course of study will be no less than seven (7) continuous weeks in length and will commence sometime between the dates of May 1, 2022 and April 30, 2023;
- You will be registered as a full-time student*, as defined by the institution you will be attending (usually 60% or more of a full course load).
How to Apply?
- Create an account HERE and provide responses to a series of questions regarding eligibility for an Award
- If found eligible, you will automatically begin application form
- New applicants must provide an email address for reference who will confirm your community involvement. The online application system will send an automatic email to your reference with a link to fill out the reference form on your behalf
- New applicants must provide confirmation of Indigenous identity
- Once you’ve completed all components on the online form, have your reference and confirmation of Indigenous Identity, click submit.
$1,000 – programs a minimum of 7 continuous weeks
$2,000 – programs over 12 weeks continuous
British Columbia, Canada