Grant Name: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Postdoctoral Fellowships
The This link will take you to another Web site Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) has established the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Foreign Researchers. A limited number of promising early career researchers are given the opportunity, through this fellowship, to conduct research in Japanese universities and in designated research institutions and laboratories. NSERC is responsible for recommending Canadian nominees for JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships.
NSERC is acting on the evidence that achieving a more equitable, diverse and inclusive Canadian research enterprise is essential to creating the excellent, innovative and impactful research necessary to advance knowledge and understanding, and to respond to local, national and global challenges. This principle informs the commitments described in the Tri-agency statement on equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
To be considered eligible for support, as of the application deadline date, you must
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- not have Japanese nationality or be a permanent resident of Japan
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate degree in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports prior to the proposed start date of the postdoctoral fellowship
- not hold, or have held, any other JSPS Postdoctoral fellowship
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than six years before the start date of the fellowship.
Exceptions to the doctoral degree completion eligibility period:
- In the event of parental leave, the total amount of time taken for this type of leave will be subtracted from the time elapsed since the completion of your doctoral degree requirements. Supporting documentation will be required.
How to Apply?
If you are interested and eligible to apply for this fellowship, contact email@example.com to obtain the application form and instructions.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the Secure Submissions for NSERC’s Scholarships and Fellowships site. Documents must be submitted in portable document format (PDF) as a single document.
The JSPS website provides additional information on the value and duration of the awards.
If you would like to share this opportunity, download NSERC’s promotional poster and distribute it to all interested candidates.
For more information about these fellowships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also refer to the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science website for further details on the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Foreign Researchers.