The Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) is a program designed to support projects that will provide LMDA eligible participants with meaningful work experience that will improve their employment prospects. While project activities should benefit both the participant and the community, the focus of JCP is to aid participants in acquiring work experience that will assist them in finding full time employment.
To be LMDA eligible you must meet one of the following:
- have a current Employment Insurance (EI) claim
- have had an EI claim that ended within the last 60 months
- have received benefits under the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- have been employed with gross insurable earnings of $2000 or higher annually, in at least 5 of the last 10 years
You must also have been previously attached to the labour force for a minimum of 24 months and your application will be assessed for Labour Force Attachment (LFA).
LFA is reviewed by considering whether the applicant has been fully participating in the labour market. If recently a student, it also assesses whether the individual has joined the labour force and had employment during that period prior to accessing this program.
To be attached to the labour force you must have one or a combination of the following employment statuses:
- actively seeking employment
- employed full-time
- maintaining part-time employment while actively seeking full-time employment
How to Apply?
As part of the application process, it is necessary for you to receive an employment assessment and develop a Return-to-Work Action Plan with a case manager. The case manager’s decision is required before Employment Nova Scotia can assess your application. If you are interested in this program, the first step is visit a Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centre in your local area who will advise you on your options and help you with your Job Creation Partnership application process.
- Sponsors seeking funding under the Job Creation Partnerships program will be able to apply online using the LaMPSS system. To register for the LaMPSS system, please call 1-877-223-0888 to obtain a registration package
- For details on the application process and program eligibility/information please download the Program Guidelines.