The Micro Voucher Program is designed to de-risk technological solutions by providing qualified high potential, high growth, technology, or knowledge-based Alberta small and medium enterprise (SME) up to $10’000 in funding, combined with coaching, to accelerate the pathway to commercialization and scale-up.
Program is for high potential, high growth, technology or knowledge-based Alberta small and medium enterprise (SME) that:
- has a novel technology with an opportunity for intellectual property
- functional requirements and features that are defined, and can prove that the concept is technically feasible.
- has a management team and executed foundational business agreements
- can identify target customer, customer segments and possible markets
- has completed an initial high-level competitive position analysis and understands any regulatory hurdles to entering the market
- can point to pricing and business models of similar products in the industry
- has a technology readiness level between 3 and 7
- can complete the proposed project within six months
- has connected with a Technology Development Advisor (TDA) for coaching
- Qualified SMEs may be eligible for up to $10’00, paid directly to a service provider, for the purpose of one or more of the following activities:
- Design, engineering and prototype development;
- Product testing and refinement;
- Patent development; (excluding patent maintenance fees)
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis;
- Advanced business and/or marketing strategies; and/or
- Other technology development activities that will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicant pays a minimum of 25% cash contribution of the total eligible project costs
This program will cover a maximum of 75% of eligible costs