Grant Name: National Acadian Day Funding
February 25, 2022 to submit a funding application for a community event.
Funds are available to promote the 2022 National Acadian Day. This fund, from the Celebration and Commemoration Program, will enable Acadians from across Canada to get together and celebrate their unique heritage and history.
The Acadian people, pioneers and builders of the country, have celebrated Acadian Day on August 15 since 1881, the year in which the first national Acadian convention was held in Memramcook, New Brunswick. The National Acadian Day Act was passed by the Government of Canada in 2003.
Events during the celebrations of National Acadian Day on August 15 highlight the contribution of Acadians to the Canadian cultural fabric, recognize their historical presence on the land, and celebrate their cultural specificity in all its diversity.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be one of the following:
- a Canadian not-for-profit organization, such as a corporation, trust, cooperative, unincorporated association, etc.
- a Canadian business corporation where projects are non-commercial in nature
- a Canadian educational institution, Canadian municipal government or other municipal, provincial/territorial institution
Federal, provincial and territorial governments are not eligible for this fund.
To be eligible for funding, your project must be:
- held on August 15 or the weekend before/after
- free of charge (no admission fees or donation required for entry)
- open to the public and promoted as such
This special fund provides financial assistance to support community-based celebrations to promote the National Acadian Day on August 15, 2022.
- Amounts requested to the Program to organize a community celebration for the National Acadian Day cannot exceed $5,000.
- Funds are also available for a large-scale event. The application intake for large scale events is now closed.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Atlantic Regional Office
1045, Main St, 4th floor, Unit 106
Moncton, NB E1C 1H1Email
Arts, Culture, Sport