This Program offers rebates to industrial and commercial customers who upgrade to a high-efficiency natural gas boiler (including ENERGY STAR® models).
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be a property owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial building or a builder/developer or property owner of a new commercial construction project.
- Boilers must be used to meet your site’s thermal loads: space, service hot water, domestic hot water (DHW), pool and/or process heating. Boilers installed to meet other operational needs (such as backup, standby or secondary boilers) are not eligible.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first.
How to Apply?
- Ensure the boiler you plan to buy is an eligible model. If you have questions, contact us before you purchase and install a boiler.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC, to install your boiler(s). You can find one through our contractor directory.
- Complete your boiler rebate application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 365 days of the purchase date (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first. Be sure to provide copies of the fully paid invoice including make and model number of the eligible boiler(s) purchased and installed.New construction projects may alternatively provide proof of payment in the form of a final progress draw invoice for the new building AND engineer-approved shop drawings that indicate the job name and site address as proof of make and model of the eligible boiler(s).
- For the right-sizing bonus
- Complete and submit an estimate of the building heating load in accordance with the Boiler sizing and quality installation guidelines.
- Include calculations showing the estimated building heating load and a copy of the invoice for the calculations with the rebate application.
We recommend submitting your application and supporting documents together to reduce processing time. If you can’t submit your application via email, contact us to arrange an alternative method of delivery.
Up to $20,000
If you are a customer of a TESP, your rebate application is subject to the following administration fees:
- $825 for evaluation of the rebate application
- $490 for evaluation of eligibility for the right-sizing bonus
Any applicable fees will be deducted from the rebate amount. If the fees are equal to or more than the rebate amount you would otherwise receive, the net rebate will be $0. Customers of TESPs are eligible for the right-sizing bonus, but only on eligible boilers with an input rating of 1,500 MBH or more.