This Program, in collaboration with BC Hydro Power Smart, encourages customers to build energy-efficient homes (to ENERGY STAR standards). Incentives are available for the construction of new single-family homes, row homes, duplexes and townhouses. Customers who achieve an EnerGuide 82® rating are eligible to receive a whole home rebate.
To qualify for rebates, the home(s) must meet the criteria below.
Note: rebates for the construction of multi-family buildings, such as condos, fall under our Commercial New Construction Performance Program.
- new construction
- on a permanent foundation
- built in FortisBC’s natural gas or electricity service areas
- a maximum of three storeys high
- one of the following:
- detached house (may include a secondary suite)
- attached house (e.g., semi-detached, townhouses, duplexes, triplexes, row house or attached house with or without a secondary suite)
- laneway home
- applications must be submitted within six months of project completion or by December 31, 2022, whichever comes first
How to Apply?
- Before construction begins, contact your FortisBC natural gas energy solutions manager. They can discuss the options right for your project and will also put you in touch with a program qualified energy advisor.
- The program qualified energy advisor has all the necessary tools and will submit the application on your behalf.
- Submit your application within six months of the issuance of the building occupancy permit or by December 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
- If you qualify, we’ll mail you the rebate in the form of a cheque. Please allow up to 90 days to process.
· After purchasing and installing eligible appliances and products, apply online.
· Submit your application within six months of the issuance of the building occupancy permit or by December 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
· If you qualify, we’ll mail you the rebate in the form of a cheque. Please allow up to 90 days to process.
When applying for multiple homes, please contact your energy solutions manager for a bulk application.
Based on individual applications