This program offers homeowners and builders expert energy design assistance, rebates, and labelling for energy efficient new homes. There are two application paths to choose from: the Prescriptive Path and the Performance Path. The Performance Path pays for increased performance levels and is evaluated using the EnerGuide Rating System.
- It’s a residential occupancy home or building.
- It has a maximum of three storeys, with a footprint no larger than 600 square metres.
- It’s a new construction project (not an addition or renovation).
- It will use electricity or natural gas supplied by Manitoba Hydro.
- You contact us or apply before work starts.
How to Apply?
- CHOOSE YOUR PATH
- Choose a participation path (Performance or Prescriptive) that fits your project and goals. If you need help choosing the right path for your project, send us an email.
- DESIGN YOUR PROJECT
- With assistance from an energy modeler (Performance Path) or your contractor (Prescriptive Path), design your new energy-efficient home! Send us your application form and design drawings before you start significant work on your project.
- GET A REBATE
- When your home is complete, we’ll conduct a free in-home evaluation and third-party airtightness test. You’ll receive your rebate and official certification shortly after our visit.
Based on individual applications