This program recruits nurses to work in a recognized bilingual/francophone facility or program, this program supports the allocation of funding to eligible Registered Nurses, Registered Nurses Extended Practice, Registered Psychiatric Nurses, and Licensed Practical Nurses for a return of service commitment
- Bilingual/Francophone Nurses (RN(EP)s, RNs, RPNs, or LPNs) with an active practice license. Graduate Nurses are eligible and must provide approval from the respective regulatory college to practice as a Graduate Nurse.
- Bilingual/Francophone Nurses must be newly hired to a position where bilingualism/French language is a requirement and have not been employed in any such position in the 6 months prior to the grant application.
- Confirmed employment as a direct caregiver by an approved employer in a permanent or term position for a duration of at least one year and 0.6 EFT or higher.
- Acceptance of and compliance with the conditions of a return of service commitment of 12 months.
- The Bilingual/French Requirement Nursing Position Grant, which begins April 1, 2012, can be received in conjunction with other financial assistance from the Fund, such as Conditional Grant, Personal Care Home Grant, and Relocation Assistance. However, the return-of-service for any combination will be consecutive.