This program was established to encourage new graduates to relocate to rural communities in Manitoba, subsequently reducing the number of rural nursing vacancies.
- Be a recent graduate from an approved program and within six months of initial registration as a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Registered Nurse Extended Practice (RNEP).
- Be willing to relocate to a site in rural or northern Manitoba (outside of Winnipeg or Brandon).
- Have written confirmation of employment in a permanent or term nursing position of 0.6 equivalent full time (EFT) or higher. Casual positions do not qualify for the grant.
- Be willing to return service for a period of twelve months.
- Be a Manitoba nursing graduate.
- Submit application forms and all documentation to the Nurses Recruitment and Retention Fund, within 6 months of initial registration with their nursing college as an RN, RPN, LPN, or RNEP.