In response to the proposed enhancements to the hours of direct care for residents in personal care homes, NRRF has established a grant to assist in addressing the workforce requirements to recruit nurses to work in personal care homes for a return of service commitment
- Nurses (RNs, RN-EPs, or LPNs) with an active practice license. Graduate nurses are eligible and must provide approval from the respective regulatory college to practice as a graduate nurse.
- Nurses must be newly hired, and have not been employed in any personal care home in the last 6 months.
- Confirmed employment as a direct caregiver by an approved employer in a permanent or term positions for a duration of at least one year and 0.6 EFT or more. Approved employers are personal care homes that are licensed by the province of Manitoba.
- Acceptance of and compliance with the conditions of a return of service commitment of 12 months.
- The Personal Care Home Grant, which began January 1, 2008, can be received in conjunction with other financial assistance from the Fund, such as Conditional Grants and Relocation Assistance. However, the return-of-service for any combination will be consecutive.