This bursary is for postsecondary students whose parents have never attended postsecondary studies. It’s for students with financial need attending a publicly-assisted college or university in Ontario only
You may be eligible if you meet all of these eligibility requirements:
- You’re attending a publicly-assisted college or university in Ontario
- Your parent(s) have never participated in postsecondary studies anywhere in the world on either a full or part-time basis.
- You’re enrolled in a first-entry undergraduate program. Second entry programs (e.g., law or medicine) and graduate programs are not eligible.
- You don’t already have a postsecondary degree, diploma or certificate.
- You’re not receiving assistance through the Second Career program.
- You meet the citizenship and Ontario residency requirements listed in the OSAP Application for Full-Time Students.
- You’ve met the financial need criteria defined by your school for this bursary.
How to Apply?
Use your schools Ontario First Generation Bursary application.
$1,000 to $3,500