The Ontario Together Fund (OTF) provides funding to firms and organizations for projects that support either (or both):
- Ontario’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ontario’s preparedness for future public health emergencies
The OTF focuses on supporting manufacturing and innovation that helps combat COVID-19 and provides goods and services critical to health, safety, and security.
Types of funding available may include:
- a conditional grant up to 75% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $2.5M
- maximum funding will only be provided for projects that demonstrate exceptional benefits or innovation
- complementary supports and services
Funding is available to firms and organizations in Ontario with a minimum of two years of operations. Scale-ups may be eligible.
To be eligible, a project must:
- be based in Ontario
- support Ontario’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or preparedness for future public health emergencies
- serve business and/or consumer markets
- be completed by March 31, 2022
We will assess applications based on the following criteria:
- alignment with provincial priorities, with preference given to projects that:
- strengthen Ontario’s domestic manufacturing capacity
- support homegrown technologies and innovative solutions
- strengthen Ontario’s Medical Technology (“MedTech”) sector
- technical and financial assessments that:
- identify risks and mitigation approaches related to the applicant’s ability to execute the project and deliver services, inputs, or finished products that meet appropriate specifications
- confirm that the applicant is in a financial position to carry out the project
- identification of an ongoing business and/or consumer market for the product or solution
- job creation, retention and regional impacts
- compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
This is a discretionary, non-entitlement program. Even if an application meets all program objectives and eligibility criteria, we are under no obligation to approve funding or services.
How to Apply?
- Submit a completed OTF eligibility checklist
- If your project is eligible and aligned with provincial priorities, we will connect you with a ministry advisor who can assist you in completing a full application.
- If your project is not eligible and/or not aligned with provincial priorities, we will notify you that we are unable to proceed.