Reconnect Ontario supports festivals and events that have a tourism economic impact and motivate visitors to rediscover Ontario, reconnect people with local experiences and increase tourism spending.
The program aims to support innovative events in Ontario that will:
- offer safe experiences that encourage people to travel locally, participate and rediscover the beauty and diversity of all that Ontario communities have to offer
- draw tourists and local visitors, whether in-person or virtually, through innovative programming, and generate positive economic impact for the local community, the region, and the province
- provide job opportunities for Ontarians, particularly in the tourism, culture and entertainment sectors
- increase Ontario’s profile through media and/or social media exposure to generate interest in future travel to the province.
Eligible organizations must:
- be Ontario-based entities in existence since January 1, 2021 or before, including those that are established by or under legislation; are federally or provincially incorporated; or are band councils as defined under the Indian Act (Canada)
- not be in default of the terms and conditions of any grant or loan agreement with any ministry or agency of the Government of Ontario.
In addition, your event must meet all the following requirements:
- take place between April 1, 2022, and March 31, 2023
- occur in the province of Ontario, if an in-person event, or be produced in Ontario, if a broadcast or virtual event
- be open to the public at large without membership in a club or group
- follow all municipal and provincial guidelines, including health and safety guidelines
Organizations approved for funding must enter into a Transfer Payment Agreement with the province.