This Program offers rebates to co-op or Indigenous housing providers, or a non-profit or charity providing services to income-qualified people, who upgrade to ENERGY STAR® fridges, freezers and ice machines as well as controls for refrigerated display cases.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
1. a local government
2. housing society registered under the Societies Act
3. a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
4. a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.1
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) and install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
How to Apply?
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for your refrigeration equipment rebate or email your completed rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or PDF copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Based on individual applications