This Program helps apartment building managers and property owners make simple changes to their building to save money, energy and water and improve tenant comfort. A building energy assessment with engineering consultants will help identify no- and low-cost ways to improve a building’s energy efficiency. Rebates are also offered for upgrading to high-efficiency space and water heating systems.
The building must:
- be a purpose-built rental (apartment building, hotel or motel) containing a minimum of nine units
- receive natural gas and/or electricity under a commercial rate class from FortisBC or municipal electricity of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro
- have central electric1 or natural gas water heating
- not be slated for demolition
- not have water-efficient showerheads and aerators previously installed in the rental suites
How to Apply?
- Submit a completed and signed Rental Apartment Efficiency Program application to email@example.com.
- Allow a minimum of 30 days to process your application.
- If your application is approved, we’ll contact you to schedule a date for the building energy assessment and the direct installation of showerheads, faucet aerators and light bulbs (if applicable). Installations will happen on a weekday. We can also provide apartment building owners and managers with posters to display in common areas of the building to remind tenants of the scheduled upgrades.
Based on individual applications