The Salish Sea Marine Emission Reductions Fund will help reduce air pollutant and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from domestic marine vessels or fleets operating in the Canadian portion of the Salish Sea. The Salish Sea is located in the Pacific Northwest waters of British Columbia in Canada.
The goal of this funding is to reduce air pollutant and GHG emissions from domestic marine vessels or fleets operating in the Salish Sea. The Salish Sea Marine Emission Reductions Fund only applies to marine vessel related activities in the Canadian portion of the Salish Sea. The Salish Sea is located in the Pacific Northwest waters of British Columbia in Canada.
There are two streams for applicants to submit their proposals. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals in accordance with the stream that best applies. A combination of streams is possible.
Applicants must fall under one of the following categories:
- Domestic or international not-for-profit organizations, such as charitable and volunteer organizations, professional associations, and non-governmental organizations
- Domestic or international Indigenous organizations, governments, individuals, boards, commissions, communities, associations, and authorities
- Domestic or international research, academic and educational institutions
- Canadian or foreign individuals
- Domestic or international for-profit organizations, such as small businesses with less than 500 employees, companies, corporations, industry associations and agricultural organizations
- Local organizations such as community associations and groups, seniors’ and youth groups, and service clubs
- Provincial, territorial, municipal and local governments and their agencies (e.g., Crown corporations, Conservation Authorities)
How to Apply?
When you are ready to apply, submit your project proposal through the Grants and Contributions Enterprise Management System.
Per fiscal year, funding will not exceed $250,000 per non-profit recipient, and $200,000 per for-profit recipient. The Fund may be awarded to one or multiple applicants; however, the total across all recipients will not exceed $250,000 per fiscal year. Applicants are encouraged to secure project support through partner funds.
Salish Sea Marine Emission Reduction Fund
101-401 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3R2