This Program provides a fully funded energy consultant to analyze a facility’s energy usage in order to help reduce waste and cut costs by recommending low or no-cost operational changes. The audit will focus on lighting, HVAC (heating and cooling), air compressors, process and manufacturing equipment, and computers and technology.
· You use between 0.5 and 4 gigawatt-hours of electricity per year.
· You have online access to your facility’s smart meter data.
· You’re working with a Regional Energy Manager.
Connect with your Regional Energy Manager or call the Business Helpdesk to find out if you qualify.
How to Apply?
Your Regional Energy Manager helps you enroll in this fully-funded initiative. An energy consultant will visit your facility and hold a kick-off meeting for your management and staff. From there, your team will receive training on energy efficiency measures and an audit of your facility’s energy efficiency will be completed.
The audit will focus on:
- HVAC (heating and cooling)
- Air compressors
- Process and manufacturing equipment
- Computers and technology
Following the site visit your energy consultant will:
- Monitor your facilities progress over the next few months.
- Review your data bi-weekly and provide you with actions, performance feedback and troubleshooting.
- Provide you with a progress briefing after three to four weeks.
- Help you incorporate the changes into your standard operating procedures.
- Provide additional support and obtain feedback as needed.
- Provide a report detailing your sustainment plan and the resulting energy savings.
BC Hydro – Business Customers – Industrial