Grant Name: Stream 1 – Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities – Sport Support Program
Application intake is now closed
Stream One of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (SSDIC) component of the Sport Support Program (SSP) funds eligible organizations to deliver sport for social development projects in Indigenous communities in Canada, as well as the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) to provide leadership and support to the Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal sport bodies (PTASBs) for their delivery of the Initiative.
$5.3 million is available annually to the 13 PTASBs and the ASC to support their capacity and for the development of community sport.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be a recognized PTASB, that is a provincial/territorial organization, association or corporation that carries the mandateFootnote1to represent the sport and recreational interests of the largest percentage of Indigenous peoples in that province or territory;
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable;
- be supporting projects in/for Indigenous communities that create opportunities to participate in sport and target one or more of the identified social development outcomes.
How to Apply?
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety; and
- send an email to the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component to request an application form.
You are required to submit your application package by email in the fillable PDF format (no scans). Should you be unable to do so, please contact the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component by email.
Based on individual applications
Department of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program — Sport Canada
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
To speak to a representative of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities program component, please send an email to email@example.com and indicate a phone number at which you can be reached. A representative will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
If you are unable to send emails, you can call at 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free number) and leave a contact number with the Call Centre Agent. A representative of the SSDIC Unit will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.