Grant Name: Stream 2 – Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities – Sport Support Program
Application Intake is now closed
Stream Two of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (SSDIC) component of the Sport Support Program Funds Indigenous governments, Indigenous communities, and other not-for-profit Indigenous and non-Indigenous delivery organizations to deliver sport for social development projects in Indigenous communities in Canada.
$3.6 million is available annually to Indigenous governments, communities, and organizations, including delivery organizations working in collaboration with Indigenous communities, for projects that promote sport in Indigenous communities.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be an Indigenous government, Indigenous community or other not-for-profit Indigenous or non-Indigenous* delivery organization collaborating with an Indigenous organization(s).
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable.
- be undertaking projects in/for Indigenous communities that create opportunities to participate in sport and target one or more of the identified social development outcomes; and
- have a letter of support from the leadership of the beneficiary Indigenous community.
*Note: Up to 25% of the Stream Two funding will be available for non-Indigenous delivery organizations.
How to Apply?
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety; and
- send an email to the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component to request an application form.
You are required to submit your application package by email in the fillable PDF format (no scans). Should you be unable to do so, please contact the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component by email.
Based on individual applications
Department of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program — Sport Canada
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
To speak to a representative of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities program component, please send an email to email@example.com and indicate a phone number at which you can be reached. A representative will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
If you are unable to send emails, you can call at 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free number) and leave a contact number with the Call Centre Agent. A representative of the SSDIC Unit will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.