The Tourism Economic Development and Recovery Fund (TEDRF) is an application-based, cost-sharing program designed to provide non-capital funding to projects that either:
- Encourage the development of innovative new tourism products
- Support tourism investment
- Build the capacity of Ontario’s tourism industry
The program also supports innovative tourism recovery projects aimed at increasing tourism within Ontario to address the reduction in global travel as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Eligible applicants include:
- Municipalities and Destination Marketing Organizations (Regional Tourism Organizations are not eligible)
- Indigenous Organizations
- Ontario Tourism Industry Associations
- Not-for-Profit Organizations (with a clearly defined tourism focus)
- For-Profit Tourism Organizations
In addition, to be eligible for the TEDRF program, your project must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Take place in the Province of Ontario
- Have an applicant organization which is a legal entity, incorporated in Canada and in existence for a minimum of one year, as of the date of submission
- Applicant is not in default of the terms and conditions of any grant or loan agreement with any ministry or agency of the Government of Ontario (e.g., Ontario Trillium Foundation)
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of 4 months prior to project start
- Information provided in the application is true, correct and complete (as verified by an authorized official).
If you are successful, your organization will enter into a Transfer Payment Agreement with the province.
Please see the website for details on contact information